About Finance in Common 2023
Colombia will host the World Summit of Development Banks for the first time in September
The Summit, which brings together the main players in sustainable financing, will be held in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) for the first time.
The fourth edition of the Finance in Common Summit will gather the global network of Public Development Banks (PDBs) to strengthen coordination and cooperation with governments, international organizations, the private sector, and civil society to promote sustainable development and align financial flows with the 2030 Agenda and the Paris Agreement.
In partnership with:
What is FiCS?
FiCS is a multi-stakeholder initiative launched in France in 2020, bringing together more than 520 public development banks of all types (multinational, regional, national and sub-national) and from all regions, as well as regional networks, international organization, private sector representatives, academic, civil society organizations and local actors.
FiCS aims to align the entire financial system with the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Agreement.
FiCS is the International Summit of Public Development Banks, whose goal is to promote sustainable financing through innovative financial tools to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The fourth edition will showcase the importance of PDBs in implementing concrete actions to make finance more sustainable, equitable, and inclusive.
FiCS 2023: New Alliances for the Next Generation of Development Financing
FiCS 2023 will include academic exchanges, discussions about the latest financial innovations for sustainable development, and approaches to solving pressing social problems.
The Summit will have six plenary sessions, fifteen workshops, five discussion boards, and six side events addressing the four main topics.
Sessions will focus on four main themes:
And will also cover four cross-cutting issues:
Welcome to Cartagena
Colombia, a country located in one of the most biodiverse areas in the world, will host the Fourth Summit of Development Banks from September 4 to 6, 2023. The event will take place at the Cartagena Convention Center.
Cartagena is a walled city in the Colombian Caribbean. It is famous for its cobbled streets, colonial architecture, and dreamy beaches. With tropical weather and great cultural diversity, Cartagena is known for its hospitality and the kindness of its people. It will be the host of FiCS 2023.
General information about Cartagena
- Time zone: GMT-5
- Currency: Colombian Peso (COP)
- Weather: The city of Cartagena has a warm and humid climate, with average temperatures between 28°C and 32°C
- Dress code: Business casual with lightweight fabrics
- AC power plugs and sockets: Voltage: 110 V; Frequency: 60 Hz; Plugs: Type A/B
- Visa to enter Colombia: to check if you need a visa to enter Colombia, and if so follow the procedures for application click on the link
- How to get to Cartagena? The most common way to get to Cartagena is by plane and its airport is Rafael Núñez International Airport.
- Phone code: 57 Colombia; 605 for Cartagena; 601 for Bogotá
- Emergency hotlines:
- For health and emergency matters, call 123, 112.
- Traffic emergencies: 127.
- Firefighters: 605-6658039
Cartagena has a tropical, warm and humid climate, with average temperatures between 28°C and 32°C.
The dress code for the Summit is business casual (no tie). We suggest the use of fresh and light fabrics.
4-6 SEPTEMBER 2023